cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple SSID on AP's

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a WLC on SRE 7.4 code  I need to have two ssid's One is more for a guest on one subnet and a second  SSID for employees. I am getting different answers so I am looking for best way to do it.

Thanks                 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can start by creating TWO dynamic interfaces.  For the sake of example, let's call one as STAFF and the other as GUEST.

Next you go to the WLAN and create two SSIDs.  The guest SSID will be linked to the GUEST interface and the staff SSID will be linked to the STAFF dynamic interface.

In your switch port, make sure you allow the VLANs for your GUEST and STAFF dynamic interface VLANs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can start by creating TWO dynamic interfaces.  For the sake of example, let's call one as STAFF and the other as GUEST.

Next you go to the WLAN and create two SSIDs.  The guest SSID will be linked to the GUEST interface and the staff SSID will be linked to the STAFF dynamic interface.

In your switch port, make sure you allow the VLANs for your GUEST and STAFF dynamic interface VLANs.

Awesome thanks for quick reply.  I will try it.. They want to use WAP on the internal on guest open. 

Thanks again..

I hope your rating was a 5 if not how do i fix

No problem Mike.  The ratings are OK and very welcome.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card