cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

my wifi throutput internet stuck in 20Mbps

abd qayyum
Level 1
Level 1

when i speed test my connection using wifi thorutpot sppeed stuck in 20Mbps but when i using LAN my speedtest get 80Mbps , i using cisco embended wireless controller, my AP series 9115AXI-F

12 Replies 12

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the wireless NIC that was used to test the WiFi? 
And what is the driver version of the wireless NIC used to test the WiFi?

i use my windwos 10for use wifi 

the driver version intel(R) Dual band WIreless-AC-3165

Does Windows 10 have all available Windows Updates installed?

Intel(R) Dual band WIreless-AC-3165 is the model of WiFi network adaptor, not the driver version!
The driver version should be 19.51.40.1 on Windows 10 32-bit or 19.51.50.2 on Windows 10 64-bit
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/823059/823060/intel-wireless-wi-fi-drivers-for-wireless-ac-7265-rev-d-3168-and-3165.html

the driver version 19.51.15.3 windwos 10 64-bit

driver version 19.51.15.3 windwos 10 64-bit
So update the driver to 19.51.50.2 which you can download from the Intel link above.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

- What version of software are you using on the EWC?

- What band (2.4GHz or 5GHz) was the client connected to during the test?

- How is the WLAN configured?

- Have you checked your config with the config analyzer (link below)

version EWC Cisco Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points 17.9.4

i active in 2.4 n 5G in my PC

i use wifi analyzer for check the signal

yes i use 

You have 8 SSIDs (WLANs) configured - you should reduce this number if possible, as each additional SSID adds additional overhead to the channel utilisation.  For example Meraki recommend a maximum of 3 SSIDs:
https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Wi-Fi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Multi-SSID_Deployment_Considerations

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Intel AC-3165 is only a 1x1:1.  The best it could do would be around 75 Mbps in 5.0 Ghz. 

At 2.0 Ghz, around 20 Mbps.

yes i have been test when i turn off my SSID 5G the speedtest just get 20Mbps but wehen i use  just 5G the bandwitch get 75 Mbps?

It is "the best" the wireless NIC of the laptop can do. 

If your laptop's CPU and memory can handle it, get a WiFi dongle that has higher throughput/capability.

JPavonM
VIP
VIP
  • How many devices are connected to the same channel and simultaneously transmitting?
  • Have you checked if there are other APs using the same channel?

Try configuring the AP on a channel not used by any other in the vicinity, and only connect that Windows laptop with the Intel wNIC and drivers updated to the latest one.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card