cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nac guest server

t-malensek
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to get around the issue of Apple IPhones getting Internet access without changing the iPhone settings? I know about changing the SSID settings on the iPhone to get to work but feel this is not good in a hot site location. Thanks for any advice.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

5 Replies 5

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wat settings on the iphone r u planning to automate??

Regards
Surendra BG

This for guest IPhone. I don't think that our guest should have to modify there default settings to be able to log in. The NAC guest server is not giving out a username password to the IPhone once they hit the accept button. I put a test guest up and used the anchor to push out a splash page and have no issues with the IPhone. I have done debug clients off the anchor and see no reason for this. Cisco is looking into the problem but we are running out of time and will soon pull the NAC.

The guests have to select your network I order to connect. There is no magic way of having them automatically connect to an ssid if you don't configure the phone to look for that ssid.

They connect to the SSID ok. They also get our splash page with accept button. We have the NAC set to give out username password once they hit the accept button. The IPhone does not get the username password once they hit the accept button unless the IPhone changes it default settings.

t-malensek
Level 1
Level 1

I just used the anchor controller to go out the Internet and bypassed the NAC server and we have several hundred guest on and have not received one complaint. Before we had less guest on and had many complaints from the apple community. I can't believe that no else has not seen this and thinks it ok for a guest to make changes to their device in order to get on the Internet. I have a case open and engineering is looking into my debugs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card