cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS 1.0 not recognizing WLC 7.3?

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

I have an NCS 1.0 instance running and we upgraded our controller to 7.3. The NCS does not recognize the controller as a supported device. Do I need to upgrade to 1.1?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need Prime Infrastructure 1.2

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

See the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html#wp97700

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ok, I backed my controller down to 7.2.103 and my NCS is running

Version: 1.1.2.12 ( - Dec. 04, 2012 - rev 73624). When I add my controller it is still saying incompatible device. I have my NCS on a 172.16.100.x network and the management interface for my controller is on the 172.16.10.x network. I do not think this should be an issue since my switches are the same way and they work fine. When I try to add the controller using the 172.16.10.x address for the management interface it fails SNMP Credential verification, but if I use the same creds and the 172.16.100.x address on the controller for one of non-management interfaces, it works but says it is an unsupported device. I am very confused.

I got the controller added via the 172.16.10.X address it is still saying unsupported device though.

Take a look at the release notes for your version of NCS. it will tell you the supported code versions

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I did and it is supported.

NCS Version

Supported Controller Version

Supported MSE Version

Supported ISE Version

Supported Cisco IOS Switch Version

Operating System Requirements

Supported ACS Server Version

NCS 1.1.2.12

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card