cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need firmware update for Linksys WRT54GS

hsthomas1019
Level 1
Level 1

My router's last update was: v1.50.6,Feb. 17, 2006 .

I use the router at home with no problems (we had a desktop and a laptop using it; now just the laptop).

I purchased a Kindle Fire last week and it works fine at work, at restaurants, etc. but not at home.

Some of the KF discussions I've been following suggest updating the router's firmware so the KF will recognize and connect to it.

I contacted Cisco and was told that no firmware updates are available for my router since it is out of warranty.

I contacted Amazon and was told that the problem was in my router.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Thanks in advance, and Happy Thanksgiving!

(I'll be a lot more thankful when this issue is settled and my KF works at home)

hsthomas

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Helen,

Are you able to access this site

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/routers/WRT54GS/download

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Yes, but it's telling me no downloads are available. That's when I contacted Cisco CS, and was told that my router was OOW. Any other ideas?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Helen,

If I go to this page as a first step;

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/linksys

And then search

WRT54GS

it takes me to the next page which shows a number of firmware versions available

for download. I don't use that model but it certainly appears that there are downloads

Cheers!

Rob

Did that. I have version 1. Here's the message I get:

The firmware/driver for this product is no longer available for download. We regret any inconvenience this may cause you.

Looks like I will have to buy a new router. Since I will probably have to do that, I may just for grins try a download for a higher version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: