cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help collecting RF data

wrainwater
Level 1
Level 1

Earlier today I asked a question about setting up monitoring mode AP's all across campus in order to let them continuously monitor the traffic and  help the controller make better decisions and was given a great response. I spoke it over with my manager and he says the AP's should already be making those decisions without it. He's not completely against the idea of setting up a few APs just to sit in monitoring mode but would like for me to provide him with data proving why that implementation would be useful as opposed to letting the AP's make the decisions in their systematic intervals. Any suggestions on how to go about this? I have 3500i AP and some 1852i APs as well along with a 3750 WLC.

1 Reply 1

Hi

He is right on the statement that WLC does not rely on Monitor AP to take decision. 

Monitor AP is important for wIPS cause it monitor all the channel thus increasing security.

Also for troubleshooting. You can install Cisco Spectrum Expert, which is free, point it to the AP and you can analyze the spectrum surrounding the AP.

It is useful for interference problem.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card