cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help purchasing the right support for WLC-controlled AP

Tori_Ok.
Level 1
Level 1

I am in need of assistance figuring out the right support to purchase for my APs (AIR-AP2802I-A-K9C). The APs originally ran mobility express image. Now, we are planning a migration to a controller based system using the Cisco 3504 WLC (AIR-CT3504-K9), and my Cisco re-seller has quoted the following part numbers:

LIC-CT3504-1A Cisco 3504 Wireless Controller 1 AP Adder License
CON-ECMU-LICCTCTA SWSS UPGRADES Cisco 3504 Wireless Controller 1 AP Adder

for each AP to work with the 3504 WLC. Where I understand CON-ECMU-LICCTCTA is meant to be software support per AP. 

Co-incidentally, our support contract for the APs had run out and we have also been quoted an extension under the SKU/part number:

CON-SNT-AIRAP28IK  

I am having a hard time understanding the difference between this CON-SNT-AIRAPAKP and CON-ECMU-LICCTCTA regarding the kind of support provided. It seems like a duplication of service to me. 

Could anyone with more experience on this help me understand the difference so I know which one to get?

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Tori_Ok. wrote:

I am in need of assistance figuring out the right support to purchase for my APs (AIR-AP2802I-A-K9C).

APs don't need any SmartNet.  Their "warranty" can be tied to the WLC.  

Make sure the WLC support includes RMA, ability to raise a TAC Case and, most importantly, the ability to download firmware.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Tori_Ok. wrote:

I am in need of assistance figuring out the right support to purchase for my APs (AIR-AP2802I-A-K9C).

APs don't need any SmartNet.  Their "warranty" can be tied to the WLC.  

Make sure the WLC support includes RMA, ability to raise a TAC Case and, most importantly, the ability to download firmware.

Tori_Ok.
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for responding.

So, I have smartnet on the WLC and this includes RMA/TAC/software. Does this mean I do not need either CON-SNT-AIRAPAKP or CON-ECMU-LICCTCTA ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card