Views
Helpful
Replies

New bought 2504 Controller not copatible with 1702 APs

alfred.vesely
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Just got a 2504 Controller with 1702 APs, which are not joining the controller by known reasons.

(Cisco Controller) >*spamApTask1: Dec 16 22:20:10.288: f0:7f:06:c0:55:80 ApModel: AIR-CAP1702I-E-K9

*spamApTask1: Dec 16 22:20:10.288: Unknown AP type. Using Controller Version!!!

*spamApTask1: Dec 16 22:20:10.289: f0:7f:06:c0:55:80 ApModel: AIR-CAP1702I-E-K9

*spamApTask1: Dec 16 22:20:10.289: Unknown AP type. Using Controller Version!!!

*spamApTask1: Dec 16 22:20:16.135: fc:5b:39:6e:26:9c ApModel: AIR-CAP1702I-E-K9

But now I have to buy a SmartNET Subscription to get the bug-free Software for my controller, because software problems are not covered in the warranty? Is there any other Solution?

New controller running on 7.6.130.0

Regards

Alfred

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That shouldn't be the case of you just purchased it.  Did you tell them that you just purchased it?  Call them again and tell them that the AP will not join. Once they assign a TAC engineer, have him/her provide you with the. Ode. It's the I itial person who opens the case that is the pain part. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 1702 requires v8.0

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

-Scott

-Scott

Thanks for the information, but isnt there any chance to get the software without buying a support subsciption for a 1 day old controller delivered with the old one?

It a new WLC, so you have 90 days. Open a TAC case and they will publish the code for you.

-Scott

-Scott

Could you just tell me how to do this?
As the cisco page always says "In order to use this tool you must associate your service contracts with your Cisco.com account." when trying to open the Support case manager.

Call them and they will help:

(800) 553-2447

-Scott

-Scott

They just told me that i have to buy a support contract in order to download updates because just hardware is included in the warranty of the controller..

..its a pitty that I now have to send back the controller and order a new one to get the latest software version on it..

That shouldn't be the case of you just purchased it.  Did you tell them that you just purchased it?  Call them again and tell them that the AP will not join. Once they assign a TAC engineer, have him/her provide you with the. Ode. It's the I itial person who opens the case that is the pain part. 

-Scott

-Scott

Answer of TAC

Please be inform we are unable to proceed with the service request due to the serial/PAK number PSZ183919ST provided, it is covered under warranty only. In order to get technical support you would need to have an active service contract for your device.

Well that is too bad.  Maybe ask the company whom you bought the WLC or if you have a Cisco SE to provide you with the code. The only other option is to return it and order the WLC with v8.0, but you will be stuck on that not so good code. The 2504 w/5 AP license, you can find a SMB smartnet for cheap that can give you access to the image download. It's really up to you, but the v8.0 that is currently out is the first version and... well, do I have to say more. I won't use that version, and my customers whom have had to go with that version because of access point support is not too happy to say the least. When the newer version comes out, they will have to upgrade. 

-Scott

-Scott

Dear Scott, 

I´ve got the 8.0.100.0 firmware directly from my distributor, everything runs fine now.

Regards

Alfred

That is good news. I would also ask for the FUS 1.9.0.0 also. It is good to install that too. 

-Scott

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card