cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No "Mesh" tab on the 1832i when configuring with 3504 WAC ver. 8.5

bbilledeaux
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to use a 1832i as a wireless bridge for an IP camera to an existing 1552H WAP network. I have joined the 1832i to the Network by ethernet cable so I could set it up. I have no problem with the WAC seeing it with a wired connection. 

I set the closest 1552H to RAP mode and set a BGN name on the "Mesh" tab. When I went to set the BGN on the 1832i, I fond there is no "mesh" tab. 

1832i      15.2.3.4

1552H    15.2.2.0

3504       8.5.131.0

How do I set the BGN? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was trying to set up ethernet bridging, which requires filling in information on the "MESH" tab. The tab is dynamic and is exposed when APMode "Bridging" is selected and set.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mesh is not supported in the 1830 series APs, and still not supported in latest release of AirOS code:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn88mr2.html#ap-1830-1850-1815

Table 8. Key Features Not Supported in Cisco Aironet 1800i, 1810 OEAP, 1810W, 1815, 1830, 1850, 2800, and 3800 Series APs

Operational Modes

• Autonomous Bridge and Workgroup Bridge (WGB) mode

• Mesh mode

• LAG behind NAT or PAT environment

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I actually wanted to set up Ethernet bridging using the 5 GHz backhaul, which I successfully did this afternoon. The bridging and Bridge Group Name (BGN) are on the MESH tab. 

I was unaware that the tabs are dynamic and change depending on the WAP profile. If the MESH tab is not showing, one must follow the instruction very closely that appears when 'bridge" is selected for the AP MODE on the general tab. When the configuration is saved, there will be an error stating that the radio parameters need to be "custom" instead of "global". 

Change the radio configuration Access Points / Radio / 802.11a n c / [Select AP]/ Configure (on far right). Change Channel and TX Power to "custom" then apply.

Then select the "MESH" tab on the left menu, enable "outdoorEXT.Uni B Domain". then apply. 

Lastly, go to Access Point / General / AP Mode / Change to "bridge" then save. The AP will reboot and when it rejoined the WAC the MESH tab will be displayed. 

From the documentation it states they 1832 does not support MESH mode, hence the TAB is not available

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I was trying to set up ethernet bridging, which requires filling in information on the "MESH" tab. The tab is dynamic and is exposed when APMode "Bridging" is selected and set.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card