cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP3802 not joining WLC5520

adewale.ojo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I am having a challenge on an AP3802 not joining the WLC.

The WLC runs on version 8.3.143.0, while the version of the AP is 8.2.151.0.

All other APs have connected, though this AP was used to replace a bad AP, as it was not with the other APs that had joined the WLC. This one gets stucked at the below:

[*12/11/2017 17:34:34.5469] waiting for uplink IP address and reachable default gateway
[*12/11/2017 17:34:34.5469]
[*12/11/2017 17:34:39.5477] waiting for uplink IP address and reachable default gateway
[*12/11/2017 17:34:39.5477] 

I have tried to reset many times to factory default, but i still get the same result.

I have also checked my IP DHCP Pool, and it seems not to be the problem, as the DHCP server is still issuing out IP addresses.

Kindly assist.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

virge
Level 1
Level 1

The issue is with the AP image . I just went through with this and TAC replaced the AP after troubleshooting for an hour. The same messages that your seeing is exactly the same that i saw on the AP.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

leandrordc
Level 1
Level 1

1st Check CDP on neighbor switch if the AP did receive a IP address.

2nd Verify with show version command if the AP is set to Mobility Express mode.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/83/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide_83/b_ME_User_Guide_83_chapter_01000.html#task_B167539A1E9D45CBA877C47EBE4D78D2

Hi l-carvalho ,

CDP does not show any result as it was discovered that its not even shown as connected on the switch interface. I had to RMA the device,as someone else mentioned in this forum that it has to do with the software image on that particular AP. All other APs plugged to the same switch port receives IP addresses and joins with the WLC

Thanks

Hi  adewale.ojo,

Just check this Community Thread 3800 Joining Issue and  BUG

Also check on your switch port proper VLAN flow is there and NTP and License on the WLC.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
If the previous answers don't help, try another LAN port on the Switch (with other cables). If that also doesn't help, RMA the AP, the LAN interface might be broken.

I think the LAN interface is broken.

virge
Level 1
Level 1

The issue is with the AP image . I just went through with this and TAC replaced the AP after troubleshooting for an hour. The same messages that your seeing is exactly the same that i saw on the AP.

RaffyLindogan
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

1. Can you confirm if AP is receiving an IP.

2. Check if the switchport is configured properly (correct native vlan, vlans etc..)

3. Are you using dhcp proxy? or is the switch/router utilized as dhcp server?

4. Ensure as well that firewall is not dropping the dhcp packets

5. You can run a debup ip dhcp also

Please share your switchport configuration and dhcp config.

Cheers.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card