Views
Helpful
Replies

OfficeExtend with 1131

shathaway
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a 5508 running 7.x code, and I am trying to get an 1131 working as an OfficeExtend AP. It appears to be a supported AP, I have configured the controller as much as possible from the minimal documentation on the subject. I have made the hole in my firewall for the appropriate ports, put the external address in the NAT field on the AP configuration, etc.

However, when I take the AP out in the field, it does not even appear to try to make a connection to this external address. Boots up, looks for CAPWAP DNS entries, then eventually times out and goes into "standalone mode"

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is the info on the AP:

Remote-AP01>sh ver

Cisco IOS Software, C1130 Software (C1130-K9W8-M), Version 12.4(23c)JA2, RELEASE

SOFTWARE (fc3)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2011 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 13-Apr-11 12:58 by prod_rel_team

ROM: Bootstrap program is C1130 boot loader

BOOTLDR: C1130 Boot Loader (C1130-BOOT-M) Version 12.3(8)JEA, RELEASE SOFTWARE (

fc2)

Remote-AP01 uptime is 1 minute

System returned to ROM by power-on

System image file is "flash:/c1130-k9w8-mx.124-23c.JA2/c1130-k9w8-mx.124-23c.JA2

The controller code is

I assume you joined the AP prior to deplyment to deployment?

You are allowing 5246 and 5247 from the internet through the FW to the DMZ anchor?

Can you ping your DMZ WLC ip adderess?

If you check your DMZ WLC you will see on the logs if its trying to join, do you see anything? ..if its not then you need to check the ap that it was primed properly AND that the DMZ can indeed reach the internet.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you configure the 1131 as HREAP ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Yes, configured as Hreap. Some docs mention a sub-mode, but nothing available on this AP.

sungy
Level 1
Level 1

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card