cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet loss and temporary loss of connection from a used 1852i

keithlin.7321
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new 4331, and a used 1852i. The 1852i is powered up via a power injector, my computer that is directly connect to the router via ethernet have no packet loss, but every once in a while, device connected to the used 1852i will lose connectivity for a min or two. Devices can't access the management page. There's less than 10 device connected to the AP and I am just 3 feet away from the AP. 

I was wondering is that behavior normal? Is the AP defective? or I shouldn't expect 100% stable connectivity over wireless? 

3 Replies 3

michiel0111
Level 1
Level 1

I own a 1832i and have the same problem, the AP (in mobility express mode) will every once in a while just disappear. When this happens all devices lose connection and the LED on the AP will blink quickly for a minute.

(I have version 8.2.100.0)

Any suggestions how to troubleshoot this?

Refer BUG, upgrade to 8.3 version :

1852 APs losing connectivity to ME controller with AVC enabled
CSCuz29774
Description
Symptom:
During times of higher network activity, 1852 APs are losing connectivity to controller in a Mobility Express deployment. Issue appears to be linked to AVC overtaxing the backplane of the controller AP.

Conditions:
SW engineers reported seeing high amounts of client roaming during these times
AP disconnects were very infrequent during non-operating hours (times of little to no client traffic)

Workaround:
config flexconnect group group-name avc wlan-id visibility disable.. We need to run this command to disable avc on all wlan's configuired on ME controller
Known Fixed Releases:
(2)
8.3(15.164)
8.3(15.165)

Hi Mohanak,

Where can I download the 8.3 fix? We also experiencing the same problem deploying 1852 APs in a Mobility Express Deployment.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card