cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Per-site RRM freeze in 9800 WLC

vodovozovilya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts, I am wondering if there is an option to freeze RRM (DCA and TPC timers) on a per RF-tag basis? Could not find it on 17.12 code version neither in GUI nor CLI. I saw this Freeze option only in Configuration > Radio Configurations > RRM > 5GHz > DCA, but looks like it is going affect all APs in all the offices. Looking for a way to freeze DCA/TPC in desired locations only. All APs are in FlexConnect mode. Thank you in advance.

4 Replies 4

Make new site add AP to it and add rf tag without RRM

MHM

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this can help : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg/radio-resource-management.html#overriding-the-TPC-algorithm-with-minimum-and-maximum-transmit-power-settings

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@vodovozovilya wrote:
Looking for a way to freeze DCA/TPC in desired locations only.

Hard-code the Tx power and channel assignment of each AP.

vodovozovilya
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you guys for your replies.

Seems that there is no option to do it in one click and it gets to statical assignment of channels/power, and then reverting it back again, which sounds a bit complex.

@marce1000 , thanks for that doc you've shared, I finally found there a command to see APs' power levels on 9800 - show ap name <name> config slot <0|1|2|3>  

I liked that AireOS WLCs were showing those levels with show advanced 802.11a txpower and I thought in 9800 you cannot see them

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card