Helpful
Replies

Please help -Ap refused static address -5508 controller 7.0 software

thags
Level 1
Level 1

HI guys

Hope you well

I have a problem with a site, simple problem but becoming an issue.

I have to change the ip address or the lwapp1142 to static  but it refuses to take the ip address and keeps getting the Dhcp address.

The address i would like it to use is of the same managment Ip adddress of that of the controller.

what I did notice is that when setting up the 5508 compared to the 4400 controller

we all know that the 5508 uses Capwap and the older code used LWAPP.

In setup of the controller i saw  the step that normally says AP manager interface is not there anymore it just asked for managment and the  normal interfaces like service ,Virtual etc

in my understanding that Ap manager ip address  normaly makes the Ap associate with WLC since on bootup of the AP so it can do so to download the image.

can th problem be that teh network guys are using dhcp option 150 rather then 43 where the Ap keeps getting the  data vlan ip address? or is teh above  a problem

I have also consoled into the ap and physically tried setting it to manual and takes it then reboots and gets dhcp again

This is very important to sort out since our Gnoc cannot monitor the devices

Please guys your input will be much apprciated

Thanks

Thags Govender

mail me at thags.govender|@hp.com

1 Reply 1

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

You lost me when you started talking about the 5508 management IP address... The Management Interface is THE AP-Manager on a 5508 (unless you specify otherwise).  And the DHCP Option stuff shouldn't matter if you are trying to use static IP...   And as far as AP Discovery goes, the Management IP is always the IP used in the discovery process (AP-Manager or not, dynamic discovery should put to Management IP).

So what exactly is your problem?

The AP isn't joining?

Or the AP is joining with a DHCP address and not a Static IP address?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card