cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Poor wireless issues

kayapup
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco wireless network I am setting up for a small company and experiencing poor wireless connectivity.

There are three1850i and one1562i controlled by mobility express.  Pretty much out of box configuration.  Broadcast three SSIDs.

The issues are random.  A device can be 5 feet from the access point and can't find it.  The device has no problem seeing a Linksys home router 800 feet away.  Another device can be in the same area and have no issues.  The problem seems to be more with Apple devices (mainly iphones), but Lenovo and Dell PC's also have issues.

Not sure where to start - seen some other discussion suggesting changing radio output power, but that didn't make any difference.  

thanks in advance for any pointers

5 Replies 5

What software version you run on your ME ?

Rasika

current version is 8.8.100.0 - same issues with 8.6x.

I would try with 8.5.135.0 code & see, 8.6 & 8.8.100.0 are not recommended as those are first releases of each code train & could have many defects

HTH

Rasika

Not sure if the ME firmware allows this, but make sure Client Load Balancing and Band Select are not turned on. They can cause such issues.

Thanks - I have downgraded to 8.5.135.0  Will report back if / or not seen any improvement. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card