Views
Helpful
Replies

Power issues 9115AXi

MedTiti92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have Cisco 9115 axi AP, when i plug in my switch POE, it doesn't turn on in my switch(like the port is down, but it doesn't), but in the side of my AP, i see alternate red and green ligth.

See below the initial boot messages error

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...i see alternate red and green ligth.
 - That means that the AP is not getting enough power (indeed) ; make sure that switch model can provide sufficient power for these AP models and also enable LLDP on the AP connected ports , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What @marce1000 said the switch is not providing enough power, or potentially needs LLDP/ CDP enabled 

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

MedTiti92
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

sorry to answer late, i enable both cdp and lldp in the switch, but it is still same. before i used C1000 switch, now i changed the witch with C9200L, but same issues

- Try to use lldp only  , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

now i changed the witch with C9200L

what is the full model of the switch and what IOS XE running on it

can you post below output from Cisco Switch

show version

show power inline

show run interface gigx/x (where the AP connected ?)

You can also use below Guide to troubleshoot Power issue :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/215636-troubleshooting-power-over-ethernet-poe.html

AP Power requirement :

balajibandi_0-1705233548363.png

LED Status :

balajibandi_1-1705233598315.png

it doesn't turn on in my switch(like the port is down, but it doesn't)

Did you connect PC and see are you able to get IP address and Port working as expected ?

Since both are  Cisco product and Cisco AP CDP is good enough in this case.

Other Option if PoE is ok, try AP to reset to Factory and post again complete boot logs.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card