Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 9130-AP Tri Radio Representation on map

Gehrig_W
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Experts,

I have noticed, that 9103 APs are appearing differently on my Prime 3.10.2 maps and would like to know the reason why.

The following differences have fallen into my eyes and I have no explanation for it.

Version 1:

I can see two "a", one "b" and one "t"-flag attached to the icon of the 9130-AP.

Two channels and power-levels are shown for 5-GHz. No "AUX Radio, Main" is shown in the list

Gehrig_W_0-1684306662643.png

Version 2:

I can see two "a", one "b" , one "n" and one "t"-flag attached to the icon of the 9130-AP.

3 channels and power-levels are shown for 5-GHz and the list of interfaces shows an "AUX Radio, Main" in addition.

Gehrig_W_1-1684306765674.png

Who knows the correct meaning of the white "t" and "n"-flags on the icon representation of the 9130-WLAN-AP ?

Why are there 3 Power-levels and an "AUX-Radio" shown in the second case ?

Who knows what this is standing for ? I have activated FRA and BLE in our environment by the way.

What do I need to configure on both or one of the WLAN-APs on our 9800-80-WLC

to end up in identical icon-representation on Prime map ?

The Prime map information-button and color-code explanation table show confusing and missing info regarding this by the way.

Maybe something to update in the next version. Please check.

Thank You For Your comments and help

Kind regards

Wini

1 Reply 1

eglinsky2012
Level 4
Level 4

I noticed this when we first started mapping 9130s, too, but the issue resolved. I'm not sure what the solution was since I wasn't paying attention, but it could have been clearing my browser's cache (which should be done any time Prime is upgraded/patched), reloading Prime (I do an NCS cleanup operation every several weeks), or TAC working on a database issue (Constraints? Pruning? Can't recall) that happened to fix this issue also.

Something else I've noticed that's ongoing is the b radios don't show "m" for monitor mode like the XOR radios do on 2800s/3800s. They appear as normal. This happens on 9166s also.

Version 3.10.3 is out. I have yet to install it. TAC says 3.10.4 is just around the corner, too. My plan is to patch (and clear the browser cache!) first, then open a TAC case if the issue still isn't resolved.

Here's what I see in my 3.10.2. Only b/a/a radios are shown. The second a is white, since it's disabled. The lower AP has the second a radio enabled, and it's green.

eglinsky2012_0-1684331151616.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card