Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with PCMCIA 350 Card

rouven.heim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

today i got my new notebook with SIS645DX chipset and Win XP Pro. When I use the PCMCIA 350 adapter and connect to an wireless lan, the system begin to "slow down" e.g. the mouse sometimes hang, keyboard inputs slow... Any idea ? With my previous notebook I hasnĀ“t that problems.

Thank you,

Rouven

4 Replies 4

rmiles
Level 1
Level 1

So you are using the Cisco 350 card and ACU right? What version ACU are you using? Have you tried other ACU versions? We experienced a similar problem with ACU 6.1. The ACM (the little icon in the systray) would peg the processor until you killed it. The temp work around was to kill the ACM in the registry so it wouldn't run at startup. Haven't seen the problem since upgrading to 6.2.

Not applicable

I'm having same problem w/ACU 6.2. Installed 17-NOV-2003 wizard on Presario 2100 w/350 PCMCIA card, and immediately hit "skipping cursor syndrome". Taskmgr shows explorer.exe at 50%+ CPU; killing explorer.exe process fixes issue, but also kills taskbar, desktop, etc. I've seen a few similar posts at other forums, but no solutions.

Did kill ACUMon w/msconfig - didn't help.

Any other ideas?

Not applicable

Fixed it. It seems there's a conflict (somewhere) with the LEAP software. I re-ran the 17-NOV-2003 wizard, and uninstalled everything. Then I rebooted & ran the wizard again, this time as a custom install. I de-selected LEAP, and everything's fine now.

Found the clue here:

http://cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/350cards/windows/incfg7/win6_c10.htm

(search for cswGina.dll).

A bug, perhaps?

Not applicable

NOT fixed - it seems that reinstalling Aironet s/w w/o LEAP only worked for a few hours. The exact same problem has resurfaced - when the wireless network comes up, explorer.exe grabs >50% CPU. The cursor skips & the computer drags.

Anybody got any other ideas?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card