Views
Helpful
Replies

"Failed to set P2PBlockingMode"...?

craighowson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to configure P2P Blocking Action to "drop" on our guest network but when trying to configure this it throws the following error (see below).

Any suggestions?

TIA

Screenshot 2024-01-03 150201.png

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Please include controller & type/model + software version (?)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

craighowson
Level 1
Level 1

We are using 2x 5520 WLC's and running OS 8.10.183.0

Thanks

There is limitations of using p2p block and wlc HA.

MHM

Ah, that might be the issue then.

Do you know where I might find information on this please? I have found the restrictions info in the 8.10.183.0 config guide but it doesn't mention anything about HA.

- Take care of these restrictions : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-5/configuration-guide/b_cg75/b_cg75_chapter_01001011.pdf

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks Marce1000, appreciate the info.

I have had a read of that document and the restrictions only seem to apply to Flexconnect AP's, which we are not using. All our AP's centrally switch and are configured in local mode.

I cannot seem to see anything that points towards the issue we are experiencing... unless I am missing something?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card