cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement for Cisco WS-3560- 48-PS

TGF_Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Basically I am looking at upgrading our wireless switches connecting to antennas from running a 100 Mbps to a gigabit connectivity.

I believe that we could use WS-C3560X-24P-S . All we are interested in is PoE capability and L2 connectivity with more bandwidth for antennas.

And the plan is to rip and change the devices. Can someone confirm that the upgrade will happen without any issues ?                                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could also use the Cisco 2960-S, which is a little bit cheaper. It's limited in routing, but if you want to use the switch only for L2, it doesn't matter anyway:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/product_data_sheet0900aecd80322c0c.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't see any issue with upgrading the switches as long as its configured correctly.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I agree with Scott. changing the swtiches must not cause any problem if they provdie correct PoE and they are configured correctly.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

You could also use the Cisco 2960-S, which is a little bit cheaper. It's limited in routing, but if you want to use the switch only for L2, it doesn't matter anyway:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/product_data_sheet0900aecd80322c0c.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I was worried about power consumption by the antennas. would it depend on the type of antenna?

This is the switch I plan to buy WS-C2960S-48LPS-L

we use 3560-48PS for 1142N , but in the future we plan to procure 2nd generation antennas.

does it matter in terms of choice of switch that I buy now?

Antenna has nothing to do with the power required to bring up the radios... you will be fine with any 802.af power.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: