Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reporting on Top APs By Client Count

Hi

we are running WCS 7.0.164.3 and wonder whether is there any reporting option availabel that can  give us daily report on Top 50 or Top 100 APs by client count.

I know that I can look at the client tab under WCS home page and see the top 5 APs by client count on real time.

In our environment we have around 700 APs and would like to know by having this kind of report which APs are mostly hit ?

Appreciate your input on this

Regards

Rasika

5 Replies 5

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Rasika,

You should be able to create a custom report to give you exactly what your asking for and just have it run daily.

HTH

Hi Kayle,

Thanks for the response.  I think you are talking about this in the above.

Reports > Report Launch Pad > Client > Client Count > Client Count Report Details

then

AP by Floor Area  and select "All Campus", "All Building", "All Floor"

By doing this I get 700+ APs daily client count in graphical (pdf) view and need to go through manually each graph to identify the top 50, top 100 in a given day.

Is it possible to only filter the top 50, 100 APs ?

I would like see my daily report gives something similar to the below

AP Name    Max Client Count

--------------    ------------------

AP01               96

AP02               83

AP50               20

Would it possible to get something like this from WCS reports ?

Thanks

Rasika

Im looking for the same thing, but the only one I have found is on the "WCS Home/General tab/ Top APs By Client Count".

I found a workaround that will work for me.

Run the report for client count, this will give graph in web or pdf.

But you can export it to csv and then import in excel, that will give a table with client count in numbers.

Thanks Micke, I'll try your workaround and let daily client count report in CSV format to be generated. Then try to use the Excel skills to get the max clint count in each APs and monitor that parameter over the time.

Thouth it involves lot of manual works it gives me what I want for certain extend. I think Cisco needs automate this type of reporting

Thanks again for your input.

In your previous comment, yes we can see real tiime top APs but it is only limited to 5 (cannot increase that vaule)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card