Views
Helpful
Replies

RF Event and Performance Logging

patrick.kofler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

hopefully someone can clarify this to me.

There is a command to disable/enable logging for certain RF Events and Performance Logging

Namely:

config advanced 802.11a/b logging <subcommand>

channel

coverage

foreign

load

noise

performance

txpower

Now I have enabled all of those loggings. Either I am blind or I cannot find the log where those events are being logged to.

I checked the traplog as well as the normal msglog, but I didn't recognize any distinguishable events related to the performance logging itself.

Using the command

show advanced 802.11a/b logging only tells me the current status of the individual subcommands (either turned off or on)

Can somebody enlighten me where I can find this log?

1 Reply 1

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Patrick,

I think it all depends on the global logging severity that you use. What is the current logging severity for buffered logs?

Try to increase the severity and see if the messages appear.

You also need to make sure that there are logs generated at the first place. I mean, If load logging is enabled and is available within the current logging severity, there will be no load logs generated unless the load on the AP (number of associated clients) exceeded the predefined threshold.

HTH

Amjhad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: