Views
Helpful
Replies

RF Planner from Cisco

shakeerali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any RF planner for WLAN from Cisco so that I can upload the drawings of the site and get the heat maps.

Thanks.

15 Replies 15

luceroc
Level 4
Level 4

Do you mean other than the one built into Cisco Prime?  In Cisco's Prime Infrastructure There's a basic planning tool in there that will allow you to upload maps and place access points and generate simulated RF heat maps.   You can draw in walls and such.  As for a stand alone tool from Cisco I'm not sure.....

Full disclosure:  I personally don't care for that tool as I use Ekahau to do this simulation.  I personally think it does a better job of simulating RF coverage and the walls and planning tools and reports are a bit better, IMHO.

Hi,

Yes, I meant other than Cisco Prime.

Btw Ekahau can be used for Cisco setup? and is it free?

Thanks

Unfortunately not free but they do have Cisco APs that can be used to model if that is what you meant.  

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Check Air Magnet Wireless network planner

http://www.flukenetworks.com/enterprise-network/wireless-network/AirMagnet-Planner/planCS 

sai.sandeep1
Level 1
Level 1

If you have a valid CCO ID , you can check out RF Planner tool at

https://rftool.cisco.com

You can register if for free . You can search from Google Maps and/or upload any floor plans. You can also check out lots of other features where you can easily get the Bill of Materials for your design.

- Sai Sandeep

Does not work with CCO get message invalid login name or password;)

I had to login CCO and actually sign up to gain access, it prompted me through after I logged in CCO.  They sent a different url after I registered to get it.  Honestly the actual RF functions seem klunky and very hard to manage.  The only value I got from it was the quote building and AP to WLC compatibility.  I used it to just place APs in there manually without walls (based on my survey tool) just to see what would happen and spent a ton of time trying to get the predictive nature of the concept to work even slightly close to my purchased product.  I was really hoping this would be a good first pass that my analysts could perform and submit to me for proper evaluation but as it stands the process is online only and too slow and klunky to pass along to them,  Sorry to say this was probaly not really worth the effort to sign in and test.

the page doesn't even open anymore!

This really seems like a side project not very well maintained at all!!!

The whole day today the page wouldn't open.

I've used this tool in the past 10-20 times to do predictive surveys. It's good enough I would say, if the page would open up often enough !

Hi mishaaltk , 

We had an issue connecting to validation servers which is fixed now. Can you try accessing the tool now. 

- Sai Sandeep

Thanks,

I emailed support, they had an issue with the tool the whole day, they apparently fixed it today and I can log in.

But since I use it a lot, I see intermittent issues every now and then where the page just doesn't load and after a few hours it's back up.

It's an issue with YagnaIQ.

Overall great tool, but quite slow and buggy! 

Take this as constructive feedback, I'm all for a web based tool!

Hi Sir,

I am facing the same issue , For Initial one or two projects it worked fine but after 1-2 days, The page is not loading once i select floors in any project (Please refer enclosed snap). 

Its been really hard to use it, We can't commit deadlines to customer if we are relying on this tool.

Features are really good in this tool and very user friendly, but it has to work !!!

Hello luceroc , 

We are sorry that your experience with the tool was unsatisfactory. Can you please spare some time with us over a WebEx to explain why you feel that RF functions klunky. We would like to make this tool worthy of your time and effort. 

Please drop an email to us at support@yagnaiq.com or let me know Email ID and I can contact you to setup a WebEx call at your convenience. 

-Sai Sandeep

I will do that and let you know my feedback. I really like this tool as I don't need to install anything, and integrates with SSO with my CCO ID and integrates with CCW (not a deal breaker though).

Hello Shabbababrawala , 

Can you please let me know your details with which you have tried logging into RF tool. Details like Email ID/ CCO ID will be needed to check your issue.

- Sai Sandeep

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: