Views
Helpful
Replies

RF Profile vs Global Configuration

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I want to enable client threshold traps, so if exceeds a certain amount of client that is being handled by the AP, PI will send an alert stating that the AP might be overload. On the WLC, I found the setting on RF profile, but could not find it on global config.

fdharmawan_1-1710983827061.png

Upon evaluating the RF profile, there are some settings that can be adjusted. Some settings I can find it in the global config, but some of them are missing, either it is only available on the RF profile or only on the global config. For example, the TPC config is very limited on RF profile compared to the global config.

fdharmawan_2-1710983968634.png

fdharmawan_3-1710984021981.png

There are some questions that I still cannot find the answer
1. If I enable RF profile, what happens to the settings that is configured on the global config?
2. For the config that are overlapping, which one will win, RF profile or global config?
3. For config that are not present on RF profile, will the settings from the global config kicks in?

Please advise. Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

RxTx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

1 settings from RF profile have highest priority.

2 settings from global config come after RF profile settings.

View solution in original post

Jerome BERTHIER
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

RF profiles can superseed what is set globally.

But to my understanding, there is a condition. First, RF profile inherits their attributes from global settings then they can modify it.

For example, if you set a mandatory data rate globally, the RF profile will retreive it then you can change it.

This concept is exposed here : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-3/b_RRM_White_Paper/rf-profiles.html

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

RxTx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

1 settings from RF profile have highest priority.

2 settings from global config come after RF profile settings.

Jerome BERTHIER
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

RF profiles can superseed what is set globally.

But to my understanding, there is a condition. First, RF profile inherits their attributes from global settings then they can modify it.

For example, if you set a mandatory data rate globally, the RF profile will retreive it then you can change it.

This concept is exposed here : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-3/b_RRM_White_Paper/rf-profiles.html

Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card