Views
Helpful
Replies

Same SSID, first certificate and if that fails username password

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All

I'm tasked with a nice project. I currently run a Wi-Fi with WLC and Windows Radius (NPS) servers with WPA2 Enterprise and PEAP-MSCHAPv2 with username/password authentication. This runs so far absolutely fine.

We now have an idea of providing our managed Windows laptops with a hardware certificate for authentication. The idea is to seperate our own managed devices from employees unamanged devices, without breaking the authentication.

Is it possible to chain it like this?

1. check if device has a valid hw certificate and if yes put it, based on AD group membership, into the correct vlan

2. if that fails, ask for username password

Alternatively I could build a new SSID, but would prefer to handle all on the same one.

I beleive it should work, what do you think?

3 Replies 3

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Thanks for the video, this helps somewhat.
In my case, after the device is authenticated, it shouldn't authenticate the user again. But I do have some ideas how I might realize that.

Please take a look as well on the following topic regarding MAR because I think it could be part of your required solution

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/aaa-identity-and-nac/ise-2-1-mar-aging-time-eap-tls/m-p/3209628#M66354

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card