Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduling Add/Remove SSID within AP groups

ciscoprolin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

we are looking for an automated way within Cisco Prime 3.1.6 or 3.2 to schedule the add/remove of a particular SSID within AP Groups.

We plan to create individual AP groups for each building and don't want our guest SSID to be active all the time in all buildings. Do you see a way how this can be done ?

Any hint is very much appreciated.

Thanks for your replies,

Thorsten

13 Replies 13

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are using Prime INFRA then its very easy to schedule (Enable/Disable) a SSID.

go through it:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/user/guide/pi_ug/sched-config.html

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12445136/schedule-ssid-broadcast-enabledisable-using-prime

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi Sandeep,

thanks but I do not want do disable the SSID globally (as it will still be used by some other AP groups). I simply need to be able to add/remove the SSID to an AP group in an automated way.

Thanks very much,

Thorsten

As per my knowledge, In WLC there is no way to stop broadcasting the WLAN(s) mapped to particular AP group at AP group level. So this has to be done at WLAN level. 

Regards

Thanks that's correct but it is possible to add and remove and SSID from the AP group (at least manually) and it would be wonderful if this could be done via a CPI schedule.

You'll need to create two "schedules" in CLI:  One to remove the WLAN from the AP Group and one to add the WLAN into the AP Group.  

Thanks. Do you have the CLI commands we'll need for this ? So far we have mainly worked on the CPI GUI and are not so well familiar with the CLI.

That would be excellent. Thanks

To add a WLAN into an AP Group: 

config wlan apgroup interface-mapping add <AP Group> <WLAN ID> <Dynamic Interface>

To remove a WLAN from an AP Group: 

config wlan apgroup interface-mapping delete <AP Group> <WLAN ID> 

Hi Leo,

thanks. This is the command you would use on the WLC CLI right ?

Can you explain how this command can be scheduled ?

Thanks to all for your replies

You'll need to create two "schedules" in CLI:  One to remove the WLAN from the AP Group and one to add the WLAN into the AP Group.  

I dont think its possible! but will check it and come back to you.

Regards

Hello,

did you find solution for this?

We need do the same action.

Thank you.

You can go to Configuration>Templates>Features & Technologies> CLI templates > CLI : Here you create the template, so you need to copy and paste the following command with the information that you need under CLI content:

config wlan apgroup interface-mapping add <AP Group> <WLAN ID> <Dynamic Interface>

And create another one to delete

config wlan apgroup interface-mapping delete <AP Group> <WLAN ID>

Once you create your template, you would see both under

CLI templates (user Defined), then you select your template and click on deploy, it would give you the option to select the WLCs and schedule it

PI.png

Hello Polo,

thank you for your answer.

I found this option but in our case needed also start task every day (after business hours and before) and I did not find option how to repeat deploy of these templates.

does exist any option how to repeat those task automatic way?

Thank you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card