Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SE-connect and EWC

Hi all.

Do I understand correctly that EWC does not support SE-Connect mode? Or not? I can only see on the AP only Flex mode.

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Alexey Kurchenko ,

If you have 9120 or 9130, you can connect to the AP with Metageek or Spectrum Expert while the AP is serving client, no need for dedicated SE-Connect mode (This uses RF ASIC). As I understand there is no SE Connect mode anymore, so you can put the AP in to monitor mode to get the best results. 

View solution in original post

Hello Arshadsaf

I tried to connect to the AP, but not successful.:-(

What's the AP model and the code running?

Did you copy the key from AP and paste in to the CSExpert? Also do you have reachability from the device running CSE to AP?

EWC 17.6.1.13

notebook directly connect to AP. Ping to ip AP OK! NSI key copy-past to CiscoSE.

5 Replies 5

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Alexey Kurchenko ,

If you have 9120 or 9130, you can connect to the AP with Metageek or Spectrum Expert while the AP is serving client, no need for dedicated SE-Connect mode (This uses RF ASIC). As I understand there is no SE Connect mode anymore, so you can put the AP in to monitor mode to get the best results. 

Hello Arshadsaf

I tried to connect to the AP, but not successful.:-(

What's the AP model and the code running?

Did you copy the key from AP and paste in to the CSExpert? Also do you have reachability from the device running CSE to AP?

EWC 17.6.1.13

notebook directly connect to AP. Ping to ip AP OK! NSI key copy-past to CiscoSE.

I'm unable to connect Cisco Spectrum Expert to a 9120 or 9130 on a 9800 running 17.9.3.  Out of desperation, connected a 3802 and put IT into Monitor mode on the 9800, and with the IP and NSI key could connect to it with no issues at all. 

Is the NSI key or other different between a 3802 and 9130, or is the 9130 simply not capable of connecting to Spectrum Expert?

PS on a 5520, it seems you can connect Spectrum Expert to a 9130 but only at 2.4 Ghz.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card