cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

security L2 problem in Cisco controller 5500 and ios iPhone and iPad not browsing internet

btamim321
Level 1
Level 1

dear , 

i have controller cisco 5508 with 30 access point AIR-AP1852E-K-K9 and i have 2 problem :

1- in SSID security L2 when i configured as WPA+WPA2 IPs not distribute to client nut if make it non the client take IPs . why ? 

2- android and win labtop can browsing internet but ios iphone and ipad not browsing . why ?? 

can i found any help .

thanks 

6 Replies 6

Hi, 

Have you configured any DNS parameters in the controller? If not try manually putting the default DNS details in the device itself, it might solve the issue. 

dear , yes i have and configured manually on AP itself ( see attachment ) . but still 

and we connect controller to AAA server it has related to this issue ? 

Hi , 

Have you enabled Fast SSID change? If not enable it and doing the vice versa, Also check the IOS version the APPLE devices are using, and update it to the latest that is 10.3.  

Lastly remove all the DNS config on the controller, and run it as a default config, also try to remove all the layer 2 encryption and see if its able to communicate to internet on an open-encryption.   

try sending the Network Topology and the interface on fig you've done. 

thanks, 

Zee

Zee is right... try an open SSID first and see if that works or not. Alsoninnoticed your code version. That is one of the worst code versions out there, the 8.1.  You should look at upgrading to 8.2.151.0 also.  Create a test SSID and set it to open. Don't make any other changes to the wlan configuration and see if the devices could connect. 

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

dear , when i open SSID its connect to network and browsing internet android , windows laptop except ios  not browsing ..

i will try to upgrade to see ...  

That's seems to be an issue with the code then.  Keep us updated if the upgrade does help.

-Scott 

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card