Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1552C AP power Issue.

Vahid Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Any one worked on Cisco 1552C AP, Please help me about its power option

I Have Cisco 1552c AP but its not getting power from POE, I Checked with Cisco TAC said for this AP need spaical power type POC (power over coax) any one worked on this model AP, who can tell me how to power this AP from COAX cable. 

TAC Response 

Thank you for your response.

Since we are dealing with PoC powering method, there will be no power injector involved in the powering process.

The cabling company will provide the needed PoC cable which will be connected to the AP to provide it with power.

The step to “Connecting a Cable POC Power to the Access Point" can be found in the link below and it doesn’t require any power adapter to be used:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1550/installation/guide/1550hig/1550_ch2.html

If you have an y questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ayman Barakat

Cisco TAC
Phone: +962 6 5301691

Email: aybaraka@cisco.com

To update your case (requires a support contract): https://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/scm/mgmt/case
Cisco Worldwide Contact: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-worldwide-contacts.html

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just out of curiosity, is that the correct model you want?  Most get the "e" or the "I" models that can be powered through a special power injector or D.C. power,

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

Hi  Scott I am sure this is the correct model, cisco 1552c. do you have any idea about (Power over coax) please help.

As per Cisco this device only supports POC.   no POE,AC,DC power

1552C/1552CU

40-90 VAC, 50-60 Hz, quasi-square wave, Power over Cable
  12 VDC

What I'am asking is if your really wanted an outdoor AP with a cable modem?  You providing outdoor wifi that requires a cable modem?  If not, then you purchased the wrong model is what I'm saying. Since this requires a connection from the ISP provider.

-Scott 

-Scott

Yes we want outdoor AP with cable modem, 

do you have any idea about how to power this AP with POC. ?

Hi Vahid,

The installation guide doesn't specify much about the PoC connection and leaves the details to the cable company. However , I think that somebody who understands the electrical conduction part of cabling would be able to answer this. Basically , this cable will not be an Ethernet cable which is used for PoE. This will be a co-axial type cable which is generally used to connect the antenna to the AP.

Best solution looks to contact a company like interlogix who can provide you a solution online. There may be other similar companies that I am unaware of.

All the best,

Manish 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card