Views
Helpful
Replies

Seeing AP's with highest channel utilization and interference in IOSxe

Alex-Pr
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone.

I found it easy in AirOS to be able to see a list of AP's for a given area and understand what their Channel Utilization and interference % was at.

What is the easiest way to see the see the top APs by channel utilization and channel interference in IOSxe ?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have a look at : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/217738-monitor-catalyst-9800-kpis-key-performa.html#anc6

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks but those ones don't get into channel utilization.

For CLI, the closets I can find is 

show ap dot11 5ghz load-info

This shows per AP the channel utilization % and number of clients..

What I like to find out as well is the interference %.

I used all this data in the past to optimize areas of high density.  I found it easier to get an understanding of problem areas from looking at the worst areas.  As soon as channel utilization got over 75%, packet loss started happening.  From there I'd be trying to determine if it is caused by CCI or just user load...  

Do you have any idea how to tell the channel interference?

or is that really just the Channel utilisation minus (Tx Util + Rx Util)

And do you know how get the Per AP Tx Util and Rx Util we see in the gui??  I can probably build a way to scrape the data then sort it all it if is not available in the gui.  

Thanks again!

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

These are the commands you can use and then process the output with a Python script:

sh ap auto-rf dot11 24ghz | inc AP Name|Utilization
sh ap auto-rf dot11 5ghz | inc AP Name|Utilization

Thank you.  I think I can work with this as submit requests to get updates in the gui.

Quick question.  in AirOS, there was Channel Interference and Channel Utilization.  I can't seem to  get a channel interference output at all.  I can see Receive Utilization and Transmit utilization. Is this just a matter of math or is there a way to see the current interference percentage?   Under the RF profile RRM you can still set a trap for interference % so it must be calculated already..

Thanks again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card