Views
Helpful
Replies

WiFi intermittent when connecting using Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz

JohnAJ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

Recently I have the user that using their laptop to connect to the WiFi using Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz adapter.

The issue is happen randomly, and suddenly disconnected from the network. My AP model is 1602 and 2602 running on version 8.5.140.

If I am connecting to the network (I am using Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz adapter), I'm not experience any intermittent issue. 

Just to check, anyone facing the same issue with me? Appreciate your guys feedback, thanks!

16 Replies 16

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the Intel AX200 wireless NIC driver?

Hi Leo, 

Yet to confirm with user on the driver version. Will let you know.

And you should always update to the latest Intel driver before wasting any more time on troubleshooting.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the driver is current, this might be a WLC firmware issue. You are running a quite old version, the current would be 8.5.182.0. For security reasons and other bugs I suggest an upgrade.

jacktorres1
Level 1
Level 1

@JohnAJtutubox wrote:

Hi all, 

Recently I have the user that using their laptop to connect to the WiFi using Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz adapter.

The issue is happen randomly, and suddenly disconnected from the network. My AP model is 1602 and 2602 running on version 8.5.140.

If I am connecting to the network (I am using Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz adapter), I'm not experience any intermittent issue. 

Just to check, anyone facing the same issue with me? Appreciate your guys feedback, thanks!

I am also facing the same issue

So you're seeing the exact same problem on 1600/2600 APs on WLC code 8.5.182.0 and you're using the latest Intel driver version  22.90.0  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000046918/wireless.html ?

It's also worth highlighting that 1600 and 2600 APs are already WAY past the end of software maintenance milestone December 29, 2017 (The last date that Cisco Engineering may release any final software maintenance releases or bug fixes. After this date, Cisco Engineering will no longer develop, repair, maintain, or test the product software) and they go end of support in about 1 month - December 31, 2021.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1600-series/eos-eol-notice-c51-737506.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-2600-series/eos-eol-notice-c51-737512.html

So even if this proved to be a Cisco problem it will never get fixed - Cisco will simply tell you to upgrade to a supported product.

@jacktorres1 wrote:
I am also facing the same issue

Same question as before:  What is the exact model of the wireless NIC and what is the exact driver version of the wireless NIC.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the SSID configured with WPA2 or WPA3 with PMF enabled?

BradWegner1515
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

How is your SSID Setup.  I wonder if you are using any specific features that could be malfunctioning.  Additionally, you can run a debug for the client on the controller, and also investigate the local logs on the client.

Good Luck,

Brad Wegner

DavidA18894
Level 1
Level 1

We were seeing a similar issue and after opening a case with TAC they confirmed that there is an issue with AX200 series drivers that causes performance issues/packet loss within the operating system from 22.40 - 22.90. They informed me that a beta version 22.110 is being used by some customers with positive results. 

I had the random disconnect issue on my laptop running an AX200 card with 22.90 and saw the issue several times a day. I backed the driver down to 21.10.2.2 and have not seen any issues. I have users that have reported the same issue, and when downgrading the driver, the issue is fixed.

AX200 driver version 20.70.21.2 is also broken.

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Check this thread on Intel communities, tehre should be a new driver released in the next week from Intel (maybe a month later by OEMs) that fixes some 802.1X issues with AX adapters.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-WiFi6-AX201-160Mhz-L3-Issues-with-RADIUS-Authentication/td-p/1324596

HTH
-Jesus
*** Please rate helpful responses ***

dazza007
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry to resurrect. I have the same issue with AIR-CAP3702I-E-K9 and WLC 5508 with the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz. 

Wifi logs confirm that the device connects ok. I cannot find any logs on wifi or client to help assist other than a disconnect and netwtw10 6062- lso was triggered. 

In Windows, post the complete output to the command "netsh wlan show drivers".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card