Views
Helpful
Replies

Separate radius server for two WLAN in the same Flex group 9800 WLC

O.Zang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

We have configured two SSID  using  Flexconnect Local authentication on  cisco 9800.

Both SSID ( SSID1 and SSID2) are broadcated on 3 diferente location using  local radius.

Each location as 2 radius Servers.

All is working fine.

But now we have a requirement that is to use  for exemple radius1 for SSID1 and Radius2 for SSID2 on each location.

Can you please advice if this can be done on 9800 WLC  ?

Regard,

OZang

2 Replies 2

Sure you can.

You already have both radius added to the WLC. But, they are part of the same group. What you´ll need to do is to create two groups and insert one radius server in each.  You can not use group as well but it is recommended because if tomorrow you add a new server to the network, you only need to add it to the group and done.

Once you create those groups with its server on it, you just need to point each SSID to its respective group.

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for your answer.

Can you please adavice  where I can link that too the SSID please ?

1) I was thinking on adding on  Security > AAA tab  of the WLAN 

The Problem here is that I also have the same WLAN Broadcasting the Same SSID on the Second location with diferent radius Server.

Each branch has  2  Radius  in a local subnet. So i have 4 radius Servers ( Two per location)

2) I was not able to add  it to the flex Profile because I have  to select one radius group per Flex Profile.

Thanks For Your Help. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card