Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

server 2008 with aironet 1130ag

hi..

i  have configured cisco 1130g access point sucessfully and connect it to windows server 2008..

there are two network cards in the server to connect internet and access point .  all internt data must go through server to authentication purpose ..

i cannot communicate server dhcp server with access point to provide ip address to users.

thank you..

13 Replies 13

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ok.. so u have a seperate DHCP server and this is leasing out IP address for the clients?? First point.. are we able to reach the DHCP server fro mthe AP??

Are they in the same subnet or the different subnet (They = AP and the DHCP server)

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

yes access point doesnt have dhcp sever ..they are in the same subnet.

and how can we find there is a connection between dhcp server and AP

can we do that by ping command (AP to dhcp and dhcp to Ap)

Hi,

Yes.. we can ping from the AP to the DHCP server..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

hi

how to  ping from AP to dhcp ...  im stuck because internet doesn't go through my server 2008..but  when access point connect directly to the internet  we can browse internet.

im uploading my  network diagram..

thank you..

ok.. If you have the access to the AP, yo ucan issue the command fro mthe AP CLI as..

AP# PING

and see if we are able to reach.. then try connecting a client and see if they are able to authenticate succesasfully..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

cant ping to dhcp server ...

That means traffic from the AP to DHCP server is not happening and the clients connecting to the wireless AP will not get the IP as well since the connectivity is not der.. make sure you have configured everything correctly so that we have the connectivity..

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

we assign ip range to dhcp server ... but i cant ping any of those ip address.

in our access point  (1130g)  there is a dhcp option  called '' configuration server protocol"   dhcp and static IP    do we need to configure it also????

the AP should get the IP first.. Check whether the APs are getting the IP by issueing the command

sh ip int br

the BVI interface should be assigned an IP

if from DHCP then the config should be..

en

conf t

int bvi 1

ip address dhcp

no shut

rnd

or if static

en

conf t

int bvi 1

ip addr

no shut

end

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

yes  ,, i have configured access point and i can access to the web interface also and also  i can ping to the AP from server

then why i cant ping to the dhcp server if i can ping to the machine..

thank you.

WOW!! Thats nice to hear!! i hope the issue is resolved..

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

yeah AP go through my server ... but it didnt authenticate with active directory ....every one can access....  thats the problem now!!!

thank you...

ok great!! configure the AP for external Radius server using the below link and lemme know if this helps..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801bd035.shtml

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card