cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up NPS with Cisco 4402 Wlan controller.

Kurt Warner
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running a Cisco 4402 Lan controller, I have a Wlan that is running unsecured and i wanted to add a simple web policy log in, so i set up an NPS server on a local DC.  I have the two talking . when i go to login at the web login page I get the Error Login Error. When i look at the NPS logs it says:

"Network Policy Server granted full access to a user because the host met the defined health policy" . So it has to be in my Cisco set up somewhere seems pretty simple, any ideas ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.garczynski
Level 1
Level 1

Kurt,

What version of code are you running? Based on the screen shots it looks like it might be a fairly old version. I would attempt to upgrade the code first and see if you have any better luck. You could also attempt to use local authentication for the web auth as a test. If you are able to authenticate using local and not RADIUS I would focus on the NPS configuration. You may also want to run a "debug client {MAC}" on the WLC and see if you get any errors.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

b.garczynski
Level 1
Level 1

Kurt,

What version of code are you running? Based on the screen shots it looks like it might be a fairly old version. I would attempt to upgrade the code first and see if you have any better luck. You could also attempt to use local authentication for the web auth as a test. If you are able to authenticate using local and not RADIUS I would focus on the NPS configuration. You may also want to run a "debug client {MAC}" on the WLC and see if you get any errors.

i was on firmware version 4.x upgraded to 7.x and it worked perfectly

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card