cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup wireless vlan Cisco 8821 phones on WS-C3650 switch

IT-LDI
Level 1
Level 1

I currenly have the WLC setup on our switches for our network and it's working fine for the laptops and other wireless devices. We just got a new Cisco phone system put in which replaced the outdated Cisco phone system. Along with that we also have the Cisco 8821 wireless phones.

I need some assistance on setting up the vlan correctly for the wireless phone. I have a vlan 10 setup and it works for the phone to connect and create/receive calls. However, intermittently the call becomes a one-way call.

I currently have it setup on Layer2 and think I need to also have it setup as a layer 3

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco 8821 Deployment Guide

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco CP-8821 Phone

The replacement for the 8821 is the (Spectralink Versity 92/95/96) Cisco-branded Webex Wireless 840/860.

Essentially, they are Android "tablet" in a small/hand-held form factor but calls are done using Webex app.  

Cisco Webex Wireless Phone 840 and 860 Wireless LAN Deployment Guide

If you are just in the process of setting the 8821 up now, I recommend you stop and start looking at the 840/860 so you do not find the need to pull your hair out. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco 8821 Deployment Guide

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco CP-8821 Phone

The replacement for the 8821 is the (Spectralink Versity 92/95/96) Cisco-branded Webex Wireless 840/860.

Essentially, they are Android "tablet" in a small/hand-held form factor but calls are done using Webex app.  

Cisco Webex Wireless Phone 840 and 860 Wireless LAN Deployment Guide

If you are just in the process of setting the 8821 up now, I recommend you stop and start looking at the 840/860 so you do not find the need to pull your hair out. 

Hello,

I thank you for the information that you've provided. Unfortunately, moving away from the 8821 models is not a decision that I can make.

I do have the phones setup and working, but I need to setup the layer 3 connection. I looks like voice travels wirelessly via Layer 3. 

So what I'm in need of is setting up Cisco 2602i access points for Layer 3. 

Attached is the information that I have for the connection to Layer 3 and I'm wondering what needs to be set and is there come CLI commands that I need to run on the switches.

Thank you,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card