Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow wifi speed on AIR-CAP1602I-E-K9 WLC 2504 8.2

Hello, recently I upgrade wlc2504 to 8.2.166.0 and the AP's (30 uds) to the model AIR-CAP1602I-E-K9.

My wireless network have 2xSSID (both WP2 PERSONAL+TKIP, the same config in both except ssid'name and password obviously).

Each SSID connect with a ISP with 300 Mb (upload/download).

I did a test with my laptop directly in both router and get 300Mbs in both ways.

I connected my laptop in the switch and get same speed.

When I connect via wifi in both ssid the download speed connection is half than the upload speed.

Also, in one of the 2 ssid the speed is lower than connecting to the other ssid.

I applied best practices without improvement.

The test was with a laptop Windows 7 and one Macbook Pro

Any idea where can be the issue?

17 Replies 17

I understood what you say to me, but....why is so different the upload vs download?

Upload 90 Mbps

Download 10 Mbps

I haven't QoS 

I can’t tell you unless we eliminate certain things. I would first test with an open SSID and don’t change anything except making it open. Make sure the the radio policy is set to 802.11a only because we don’t want to test on 2.4Ghz. Give that a try and then also download iPerf.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yesterday I could make more test:

1- Windows Laptop Broadcom 802.11 abgn 2x2: Download 20 Mbps Upload 20 Mbps

2- Macbook Pro 802.11 a/b/g/n Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0: Download: 55 Mbps Upload 110 Mbps

3- Huawei PSmart Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n: Download 15 Mbps Upload: 43 Mbps

4- Iphone 6 Wi‑Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac: Download: 31 Mbps Upload: 48 Mbps

The bandwith was the same with 1 SSID (only radio 802.11a) and with other SSID (radio all).

I don't understant the difference between download and upload

I attached client view from Controller 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card