Replies

solution mesh cisco

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

i  use a solution mesh wifi cisco and i use AP 1552 cisco

My question : 

in which case we have a backhaul 5ghz between RAP cisco and MAP cisco and also in which case we have a backhaul 2.4ghz between RAP and MAP cisco ? 

i wait a reply from support wireless

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Typically that is what you should design for.  If you want clients connected to a RAP, then use 2.4GHz for the client and 5GHz for the backhaul, or vice versa.  You don't want to have clients on your backhaul, because you don't know what the effects would be.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Its all depends on clear space and interference and where you deploying.

check some design consideration.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/mesh/8-6/b_mesh_86/m_mesh-network-components.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

thanks for your reply

you say depends on clear space :==>  if  we have  backhaul 5ghz between RAP cisco and MAP mean that it must  behind MAP which does not have wifi clients ?? 

Typically that is what you should design for.  If you want clients connected to a RAP, then use 2.4GHz for the client and 5GHz for the backhaul, or vice versa.  You don't want to have clients on your backhaul, because you don't know what the effects would be.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

@Scott Fella beat me with the information, yes agreed what he said that what suggestions.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card