cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Solved - Access point 3702i does not release DHCP ip

Din2102
Level 1
Level 1

I just created a pka file but when connecting the mobile device to the 3702i access point, the device does not receive a DHCP IP address. Can anyone give me the solution. Thanks for all your helping

4 Replies 4

Rich R
VIP
VIP

- what is a pka file and what is it used for?  What does that have to do with the AP and DHCP?
Just realised pka file is Cisco Packet Tracer simulator. Packet tracer questions should be directed via https://www.netacad.com or https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/topic/0TO6e000000WEorGAG/packet-tracer

Since you're not working with a real AP the rest of my original questions might not have much relevance:
- is your 3702i connected to a WLC (lightweight AP) or is it running autonomous AP IOS?
- what software version is the AP and/or the WLC running?
- how is the WLAN which the device is connecting to configured?
- what debugs have you collected for the client?
- where is your DHCP server and how does the client DHCP request reach it (are you using DHCP relay)?
- your title says "3702i does not release DHCP ip" - the AP will continue using the DHCP IP address it obtains for as long as it keeps running.  It will only renew the IP address it uses after a reboot.  So it's quite normal for the AP to not release the IP its using.

First of all, thanks for your response. Allow me to answer the following questions:

1. Both 3702i have connection to model WLC - PT (Wireless Lan Controller)

2. This WLC - PT model does not have a version, it only includes 3 settings: Wireless Lans, AP Groups and DHCP

3. My idea is to divide it into 2 separate WLANs WLAN10 and WLAN20 with addresses respectively WLAN10: 192.168.16.0/24 and WLAN20: 192.168.17.0/24

4. Device connected to AP 3702i does not receive IP from DHCP assigned to WLAN (example: AP 3702i-1 (WLAN10): 192.168.16.2 - The Laptop-1 connected: 192.168.16.3) even though AP 3702i has received configuration settings from WLC-PT model.

5. The WLC-PT model will take on the DHCP pool and allocation role, I use a switch to assign WLAN connection ports to the client side and a core switch to route to WLC-PT to get the DHCP address.

P/s: I have attached the file "InternetCafe.zip", you can download it and click on the Activity Wizard section to see the whole view of my Topology. Thanks again for your support

I don't have or use packet tracer so I can't open your file.
I know there are a few regulars here who do use packet tracer so they might be able to help you.

Presume you are aware that PT is a simulator which only supports a subset of features for the devices which it emulates so some features and options which work on real Cisco devices simply won't work on PT.

Ok thanks and appreciate your support

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card