Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 303 configuration utility requires password for admin login

I'm trying to control our 2 spa-303 phones from the configuration utility. There's no problem with user access, but when I try the admin log-in, it's requesting a password. Problem is, we've only had the phones for 1 day, and I haven't set up a username and password for the configuration utility. I tried the user name and password I use for the Cisco home page, but that doesn't work. Any ideas as to what may be the problem here?

2 Replies 2

MidAmAgent88
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately this post is unanswered and is 2 years old.  You would think someone would be able to provide an answer within this time frame.

I had a similar problem logging into the CU after changing the password from the default.  Once I changed it back to the default value of blank, I was able then to gain access without the password login prompt.  If anyone is reading this, the short story long is "Don't change the default password unless you have access to the SPA program stored on the proxy server".

One suggestion I have to the original post, if this is your problem, try re-setting the password on your 303 to blank.  If it will not accept your attempt to change the password, that means someone has changed it from the default and you need that password to change the current password.  I am told that a factory reset will change the password to the default values, but I have not tried this to confirm.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card