Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spectrum Expert - USB or Express Card

The Spectrum Expert is a great tool but the problem is to find a notebook with a PC-Card / PCMCIA  slot.

I know that there are adapters available for EC to PC-Card but I think this is not a solution for customers.

I didn't find any information on the Cisco website about an alternative.

Question: When will be a Spectrum Expert Card available with USB or EC connector?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well from what I have gathered, they are not going to be making any usb, etc in the future.  For portable solutions, you need to look at 3rd party.  That is what I use and many of my clients with no issues at all.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

iilyinas
Level 3
Level 3

hi, Carsten,

It's not exactly the thing you were asked for, but anyway it may help: you can use as a source one of your Cisco AP.

HTH,

Cheers, Irina

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There have been discussions about this a while back and from what I know, there is no future plan for this product. You may want to look at other 3rd party spectrum analyzer's that are USB.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Hi Irina and Scott,

I know the AP SE-Connect feature but we need a portable solution.

Cisco should think about a USB or Express Card solution.
The APs are working with the Spectrum Expert and it will be hard to explain to a customer that he should use a 3rd party solution to get a mobile solution.

Thanks and best regards,

Carsten

Well from what I have gathered, they are not going to be making any usb, etc in the future.  For portable solutions, you need to look at 3rd party.  That is what I use and many of my clients with no issues at all.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card