Views
Helpful
Replies

Splash Page Redirect for Mobile Phones

jpl861
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We are trying to implement splash page redirect for mobile phones and we can't get it working. On the WLC, we configured the security to use web policy/splash page web redirect. I didn't define ACL for now. On the ACS5.x server, I defined an authorization profile that using cisco-av-pair and the corresponding URL. The user can authenticate successfully and browse the internet but no redirection is happening. I also tried to define an ACL (which is just permit any any) but also the same.

Can someone help me here?

Thanks,

John

23 Replies 23

First thing, is this the expected redirect URL http://10.199.66.200 ?

Can you test this WLAN using a laptop and collect a wireshark capture?

Regards,

Divya 

Yes. That is the correct URL. We will test it using a laptop and do packet capture. But more importantly we need this to work on mobile phones as this will be used for free internet access for all employees and they will put in some company announcements on that splash page.

I will get back to you with the results from laptop.

Thanks much!

The purpose of this testing is to collect the capture from client end and verify the HTTP packet.

Regrads,

Divya

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I did some packet capture on one of the remote laptops and I didn't see any packets pertaining to URL redirect. It appears as everything is just a normal connection. Received DHCP packets, etc., then started DNS queries for some internet websites. Nothing pertaining to RADIUS or WLC telling the client to redirect.

Thanks,

John

Please attach the pcap file here.

Regards,

Divya

Here's the PCAP file. Thanks!

I have debug output from the controller and I can email it to you if you want. Thanks a bunch!

Hi John,

I don't see any HTTP request from the client in the collected pcap. Whether the wireshark has been collected when the redirect was failing?

This case needs a deep investigation, you may need to open a TAC case.

Regards,

Divya

The wireshark capture was turned on prior to its connection. I have opened a TAC case but still not getting proper assistance.

Thanks!
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card