Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of APs per FlexConnect Group in AireOS 8.5

Whats the max. number of APs per FlexConnect Group in AireOS 8.5 on the WLC 5508?

It used to be 25 APs per FlexConnect Group in earlier code versions for the 5508 while the stronger hardware supported 100 APs.

Has this possibly changed, and where could I find the corresponding documentation.

Thanks for any feedback.

C.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The number of FlexConnect groups and access point support depends on the platform that you are using. You can configure the following:

• Up to 100 FlexConnect groups for a Cisco 5500 Series Controller
  • Up to 1000 FlexConnect groups for a Cisco Flex 7500 Series Controller. The Cisco Flex 7500 Series Controller can accommodate up to 50 access points per FlexConnect group.
  • Up to 20 FlexConnect groups with up to 25 access points per group for the remaining platforms.

Even in version 8.5:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/config-guide/b_cg85/configuring_flexconnect_ap_upgrades_for_flexconnect_aps.html

A FlexConnect group can have a maximum of 100 APs on Cisco 7510 WLC, and 25 APs on Cisco 5508 WLC.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The number of FlexConnect groups and access point support depends on the platform that you are using. You can configure the following:

• Up to 100 FlexConnect groups for a Cisco 5500 Series Controller
  • Up to 1000 FlexConnect groups for a Cisco Flex 7500 Series Controller. The Cisco Flex 7500 Series Controller can accommodate up to 50 access points per FlexConnect group.
  • Up to 20 FlexConnect groups with up to 25 access points per group for the remaining platforms.

Even in version 8.5:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/config-guide/b_cg85/configuring_flexconnect_ap_upgrades_for_flexconnect_aps.html

A FlexConnect group can have a maximum of 100 APs on Cisco 7510 WLC, and 25 APs on Cisco 5508 WLC.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hello Sandeep

Thanks a lot for the quick and clarifying reply.

Now I finaly found the part in the 8.5 config guide where it says that 'A FlexConnect group can have a maximum of 100 APs on Cisco 7510 WLC, and 25 APs on Cisco 5508 WLC.'

I couldn't find it in the first place because it seem to be hidden in the section about FlexConnect AP upgrades instead of being in the main section for FlexConnect groups where it idealy should be as it is a major information. Isn't it?

Cheers, Christian

Yes I agree with you. Mainly it should be in the Flexconnect Group section. I am glad that we found it.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts also plz mark the question answerd it may help others.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card