Helpful
Replies

SSID with Passive Client Enabled Problem - WLC2106

Wellington L
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In my environment i have this topology :

WLC                                                                 ~~~~~~|Another Vendor Client Radio doing Bridge|----Camera

|                         |----RAP-1552E~~~~~~~MAP-1552E~~~~~|Another Vendor Client Radio doing Bridge|------|Camera|

|----------Switch-----|                                            

|---| Ethernet

|~~~| Wireless

The WLC is one 2106 WLC with version 7.0.240.0.

All clients are in the same broadcast domain, the camera/another vendor client and the RAP and MAPs, the another vendor is connecting in SSID LAB, when i connect some notebook in the SSID LAB i can't reach camera.

I tried to segmenting this networking putting the SSID-LAB2 broadcasted from RAP and MAP to another network and connecting my notebook in the SSID LAB2 and i have problems to access camera too. The routing is OK.

I put my notebook in the switch in the same broadcast domain or in another broadcast domain and i could access the camera without problem.

I'm having these problems only when i have the clients connected in wireless.

I enabled multicast in the controller and passive-client, because i wasn't reaching the camera without this configuration enabled, now i can access but i'm having these problems.

Thank You.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know what else you can do here. There are some wireless Ethernet bridges I have tested that work okay and others that just doesn't. Seems like the one that I use, a Buffalo Ethernet converter needs to be rebooted every so often. Others just don't work. Have you tried opening a TAC case?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I'm going to open the TAC and after i post the answer here.

Thank You Scott for all information.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card