cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

support for 123x AP in future WLC releases

mkluemper
Level 1
Level 1

How much longer will the 123x AP be supported (past 7.0.98.0 release)?  Thanks.

mjk

4 Replies 4

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is bit difficult to answer.. however here is the EOS/EOL details for 1230 series..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6108/eol_c51-506614.html

Since we support this product till 2014, My strong feeling is that this will be stretched till what ever the software that comes till end 2012 or max early 2013.. i really dont know what will be the train that time though!!

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

I've read the EOS/EOL doc.  I heard somewhere along the line that the version 7 release would be the last for the 123x.  I want to give the best advice to my customer (replace hundreds of them with a newer AP), but I want to be able to back that up with something concrete.  If the EOS/EOL doc is the best I can do, then that's what we will go with.  Thanks.

Yes you are right.. I guess we no longer can order the part 123X.. its better to go for stronger APs.. Thanks for posting on CSC!!

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi,

Please mark the Question as Answered if the provided information is correct and issue is fixed.

thanks,
Vinay

Thanks & Regards
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card