Views
Helpful
Replies

Surface 3 problem with WPA2 Enterprise

l.buschi
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have problem authenticating Microsoft Surface 3 PC with WPA2 enterprise WLAN.

All other PCs work fine.

Any idea?

Thanks

Johnny

4 Replies 4

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

troubleshoot from microsoft support

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfpro-surfnetwork/how-to-connect-my-surface-pro-to-a-wpa2-enterprise/698c37a8-bbd3-4658-837b-6d0912a31675

Can you share exactly what your issue is .. have you dont debugs, captures or looked at the logs.

We have a large network and support the SP3. I have one I use and my director who provides feedback all the time uses one as his main device. We haven't had any issues on WPA2/PEAP with the latest driver. 

As for EAP support -- If you know the history of EAP-PEAP, MS only supports MsChap which is PEAP v0 and Cisco/RSA do GTC which is PEAP v1. 

There are supplicants like the Cisco AnyConnect that work. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

daniel.keith
Level 1
Level 1

We started purchasing some Microsoft Surface 3 and immediately had issues. There are several files you need to download for it to get even adequate wireless performance out of it. It will not support EAP-GTC which is the version of PEAP we use with our WPA2 Enterprise option. The wireless adapter Microsoft chose to put in the Surface is the Marvell made wireless adapter. Check MS site and install all the patches and if you use a different flavor of WPA2 Enterprise you maybe ok, but otherwise you will have to work around it with WPA2-Personal or WPA2-PSK, there are no supplicants I found that will work to enable Cisco-PEAP with the Surface 3.

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

can you please further explain you query with some logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card