Helpful
Replies

syslog messages AP541

Joachim Winkler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

to find the reason for my connection problems to our network over a AP541N

I have configured the AP541 to send its syslog messages to a syslog server.

Now I am looking for a document where I can find informations about the received

messages.

For example, what means

hostapd: wlan0: IEEE 802.11 STA 78:a3:e4:3e:f7:19 deauthed from BSSID 00:21:29:03:18:40 reason 3

or

hostapd: wlan0: IEEE 802.11 STA 58:1f:aa:2c:96:4b disassociated from BSSID 00:21:29:03:18:40 reason 8

Are there documents where the messages are explained ?

Regards

Joachim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here is a document for cisco wireless access controller client reason codes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/3.2/configuration/guide/c32err.html

Client Reason Code…Description…Meaning

0…noReasonCode…Normal operation.

1…unspecifiedReason…Client associated but no longer authorized.

2…previousAuthNotValid…Client associated but not authorized.

3…deauthenticationLeaving…The access point went offline, deauthenticating the client.

4…disassociationDueToInactivity…Client session timeout exceeded.

5…disassociationAPBusy…The access point is busy, performing load balancing, for example.

6…class2FrameFromNonAuthStation…Client attempted to transfer data before it was authenticated.

7…class2FrameFromNonAssStation…Client attempted to transfer data before it was associated.

8…disassociationStaHasLeft…Operating System moved the client to another access point using non-aggressive load balancing.

9…staReqAssociationWithoutAuth…Client not authorized yet, still attempting to associate with an access point.

99…missingReasonCode…Client momentarily in an unknown state.

************** Tristan Manduley Cisco TAC

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Here is a document for cisco wireless access controller client reason codes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/3.2/configuration/guide/c32err.html

Client Reason Code…Description…Meaning

0…noReasonCode…Normal operation.

1…unspecifiedReason…Client associated but no longer authorized.

2…previousAuthNotValid…Client associated but not authorized.

3…deauthenticationLeaving…The access point went offline, deauthenticating the client.

4…disassociationDueToInactivity…Client session timeout exceeded.

5…disassociationAPBusy…The access point is busy, performing load balancing, for example.

6…class2FrameFromNonAuthStation…Client attempted to transfer data before it was authenticated.

7…class2FrameFromNonAssStation…Client attempted to transfer data before it was associated.

8…disassociationStaHasLeft…Operating System moved the client to another access point using non-aggressive load balancing.

9…staReqAssociationWithoutAuth…Client not authorized yet, still attempting to associate with an access point.

99…missingReasonCode…Client momentarily in an unknown state.

************** Tristan Manduley Cisco TAC

Hi tmandule,

thanks, that helps me further.

Merry Christmas

Joachim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: