cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The Devices Cant Get IP Address Join SSID When Using Wifi 6 (AX)

fnp2003
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone, 

I have problem using 9120AXI. The access point join to EWC controller (9120AXI) before all Windows devices in meeting room can connect to access point but only on 2.4Ghz (a/bg/n) band, after try to rebooting access point all Windows devices can connect to access point using 5Ghz (ax) band in meeting room. When I check dont have connectivity (cant get ip address fro dhcp server), if on Windows devices setting to force using 5Ghz (ac) its can get ip address and work normally.

I brought other Windows devices from another room to try in the meeting room, I can connect to  access point and have 5Ghz (ax) connectivity and get the ip address

On attachment I have debugging for Windows devices

Do you have any suggestions or experiences regarding the problems I'm having using EWC?

3 Replies 3

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can the device access network when you give it a static IP?
Can you post the trace when it works on 2.4GHz as well.

Looks like client being dropped to VLAN 117 does a wired client in that VLAN get an IP address?

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Haydn Andrews,

Last time im try to using static ip address cant reach to gateway

My debug on 2.4Ghz can you see attachment

Everything like using wired or wireless band 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz work well except using wifi 6 (ax) on Windows devices. If using like mobile phone (ios & android)/macbook/linux is work well no issue

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Definitely sounds like a driver issue on the Windows client side. Upgrade to the latest Intel WLAN driver which can be found in the below link.

Download IntelĀ® PROSet/Wireless Software and Wi-Fi Drivers

From the EWC side make sure that you are running a code which Cisco TAC recommends 17.6.4 or 17.3.5b 

Recommended Cisco IOS XE Releases for Catalyst 9800 Wireless LAN Controllers - Cisco

You can also check the logs yourself in a more user friendly manner, by using below tool (CCO needed)

WLC Debug Analyzer - Cisco Community

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card