Alexandre11
Level 1
Level 1

transfer speed is low and falls sometimes occur, Customer uses cisco ap 1600

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- There are about 100's of facts contributing to such conditions such as client capabilities ; environmental conditions such as interference, and objects obstructing, WiFi SIgnal, etc...

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What have you done to troubleshoot or replicate the issue. Users will complain about wireless in general, but you need to be able to isolate if the issue is with coverage, other RF issues or with client side issues. You don't have much information for anyone to help here.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Issue summary: download speed is low and crashes sometimes occur The client passed me that is difficult to transfer files, download and upload, sometimes falls, sometimes slow transfer, pings are high, has been tested on more than one notebook The link is 50 MEGA, donwload of around 25 Mbps and Upload 10 Mbps. the file is 2GB which has been tested download and upload.

I would verify that devices have the latest drivers. Then make sure that the AP is connected at 1gig not 100mbps. Then use iperf to test locally. One wireless devices as a client and a wired laptop as the server. Determine what the local area lan speed is to determine if the issue is with the wireless or wan. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card