Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transparent Authentication - WLC3504

Hi Everyone,

as the title states, I'm interested to know if there is a way to authenticate transparently directly from the Wireless LAN Controller. I'm using a Radius Server with 802.1X for Authentication. The users on their cellphones are getting a prompt to configure the "EAP Method", "Phase 2 Authentication" and "CA Certificate" going along with the user Identity. I want all of this to happen in the background(Transparently). 

Do I need to install an Agent for that, or is it possible directly from the WLC?

Best,

Atdhe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you want to get this done without user-interaction, you have to preconfigure all these parameters with the help of an MDM (Mobile device management). But for that the users have to enrol in the MDM (with an agent) which is also not transparent to the user.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

If you want to get this done without user-interaction, you have to preconfigure all these parameters with the help of an MDM (Mobile device management). But for that the users have to enrol in the MDM (with an agent) which is also not transparent to the user.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card