cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

trying to use LEAP, a Compaq W200 card, and the Funk Odyssy client...

rmiles
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is that LEAP doesn't try to authenticate until almost a minute after my desktop loads. So, my scripts don't run and anyone that doesn't have a cached profile would not be allowed to log on at all.

I downloaded the full Funk client and there are a few more options than what the HP version (which is included with the NIC) of the client has. I have tried using all 3 logon methods (logon after desktop appears, logon after windows logon but before desktop appears, and logon before anything else) and it still doesn't work.

So, the problem is that it doesn't authenticate using LEAP after the windows signon like the Cisco ACU.

Does anyone have any experience with this situation?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

pallette
Level 1
Level 1

I would assume the option to logon before anything else would be the best bet. However, I encountered the same problem using the software provided with the NIC, actually, I obtained a beta version from Compaq/HP developers before it was release, and did not see a way around it. If you select the option to logon before anything else, are you prompted with odyssey login before the windows login?

I got it working. I had to download the full Odyssey client from Funk's site. The full client has the options you need. Also, it appears that as long as you install the HP Odyssey client first you can install the full client and it's fully registered by using the keys from the HP client.

All fixed now.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card